Known Errors / News - 25th October 2013
1. Version 5.2.1 contains many fixes and enhancements, including items 3 to 7 below. Please read the release notes for a description of 5.2.0 fixes.
2. I am getting a lot of questions from existing users concerned about the change to Garmin's issuing system. Please read "Filenames", "Basic Principals", and "Getting Started" , first. There is also a very good explanation in the French language at "Introduction Francais".
3. GPS_SDC v5.2.0 had a bug involving the model number in the feat_unlk.dat file.
4. G696 navdata cycle 1209 uses a new value for the pointer for an "unset" name, which gave rise to many errors during Create ISAM.
6. G696_GEN had a problem with runway traffic arrows when the airport is added using Batch Update. The fix permits traffic arrows until you add a runway without the arrows being defined, when all runways of that airport will not show the arrows. This is because the permit flag is for the whole airport.
7. Some people with Windows 8 have had a problem with GPS_USB while uploading an avdb (navdata) image, following the transfer of the loader. I have never seen this problem, but I have inserted a 2 second delay between the close and re-opening of the port.